3592 hours

Today I worked on the page that lets you edit individual flashcards in the spaced repetition memory app I am working on.

This is where I started.
front.png

The main thing to fix was the tag component in the top right corner. I turned it into a dropdown and populated it with all the existing tags in the category. That way people can see what tags have already been created and they don’t end up creating a bunch of similar tags that should probably all be the same thing.

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 2.01.18 PM.png

On the answer tab, I started with this…

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 5.22.01 PM.png

I needed to add tags to each of the inputs and rearrange the layout a bit.

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 5.20.51 PM.png

Broke a bunch of tests in the process, so there was a lot of time spent fixing tests and regretting writing them. I suppose that’s much better than regretting not writing tests in the first place.

 
1
Kudos
 
1
Kudos

Now read this

How To Stop Reading Slowly

This post outlines how I doubled my reading speed in less than a month. Every book I read in preparation for this project focused on the same three points: Increase the speed that your eye travels across the page, Decrease the number of... Continue →