Today I worked on the page that lets you edit individual flashcards in the spaced repetition memory app I am working on.
This is where I started.
The main thing to fix was the tag component in the top right corner. I turned it into a dropdown and populated it with all the existing tags in the category. That way people can see what tags have already been created and they don’t end up creating a bunch of similar tags that should probably all be the same thing.
On the answer tab, I started with this…
I needed to add tags to each of the inputs and rearrange the layout a bit.
Broke a bunch of tests in the process, so there was a lot of time spent fixing tests and regretting writing them. I suppose that’s much better than regretting not writing tests in the first place.
Continue reading →